TERMS OF BUSINESS
Here are the Terms of Business we agree with you when we start working together. We look forward to working with you. Get in touch if you have any questions.
- The Client engages the Advisor to provide such services as may be agreed between the Advisor and the Client to assist in the Client’s business development (“the Services”) and the Advisor agrees to provide such Services (“the Engagement”).
- The Engagement may be terminated by either the Client or the Advisor giving the other party not less than three months’ written notice, to take effect no earlier than three months following the date of commencement of the Engagement.
- Either party may serve written notice on the other party to terminate this Agreement immediately in the event of a breach of this Agreement by the other party or if the other party becomes bankrupt, insolvent or unable to pay his debts.
- For the initial three months following the date of this Agreement inclusive the Advisor will invoice the Client at a rate of £125.00 per hour (exclusive of VAT) in each month. The Advisor will invoice the Client for a retainer of an agreed amount on the first day of each month, and a subsequent invoice later in the month should the Advisor provide Services beyond that. Invoices are due for settlement upon presentation by the Advisor to the Client.
- The Advisor will additionally invoice the client for all reasonable expenses incurred by the Advisor on the client’s behalf in connection with providing the Services. Invoices for expenses are also due for settlement upon presentation by the Advisor to the Client.
- At the end of the third month of the Engagement (provided that neither party has given the other notice of termination), the Parties may review the Engagement in good faith and make such amendments to the terms of this Agreement (if any) as they shall mutually agree.
- The Advisor will provide the Services face to face, on Skype, on the telephone, by letter or by email, or a combination of the above. It is acknowledged by both parties that this means that essentially the Advisor will give access to the Client at all reasonable times, and that the Client, or his/her appointed nominee(s), will respond in a timely way to any request for information from the Advisor to enable the Advisor to properly provide the Services.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the Advisor’s negligence, fraud or where liability cannot be lawfully excluded, the Client acknowledges that the Advisor’s total aggregate liability to the Client in contract, tort or otherwise arising in connection with this Agreement or the providing of the Services shall be limited to an amount equivalent to the fees actually paid to the Advisor by the Client. All warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement.
- The Client shall own all right, title and interest in and to all of the data and information he may provide to the Advisor to enable the Advisor to provide the Services and the Client shall have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality of such information. If the Advisor processes any personal data on the Client’s behalf it is the intention of the parties the Client shall be the data controller and the Advisor shall be a data processor.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to this Agreement, the Advisor and the Client will attempt in good faith to resolve such dispute promptly by negotiation. If the matter is not resolved through negotiation, or there appears to be no reasonable prospect of it being resolved within fourteen days of commencement of such negotiations, both parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales and agree that this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.